Pain Management Expert Witnesses
Pain management is a medical specialty that uses many different aspects of health care in order to help patients with chronic pain conditions. They may perform mechanical manipulations (chiropractic), prescribe and administer medications, use physical therapy techniques, or even perform certain “alternative” medicine techniques such as acupuncture.
In a medical malpractice case, pain management expert witnesses can review the facts and evidence to determine whether or not there was a departure from the standards of care. If there was malpractice, the pain management expert witness can identify the exact instance(s) of malpractice to help you build a strong case for your client. If no malpractice is identified, you can close the case rather than pursuing a time-consuming and costly trial.
1) “Methadone Toxicity Wrongful Death Medical Malpractice Case”
Methadone is an opioid thought to act by decreasing release of neurotransmitters in the brain resulting in respiratory suppression and, in some cases, death. Several studies have described naive patients who expired shortly after entering methadone maintenance programs which did not adequately assess tolerance prior to initiation of methadone therapy.
2) “Prescription Medication Side Effects”
Every year 2 million Americans have side effects and complications from prescription medications. And 100,000 die.
3) “Narcotic Overdose – Medical Malpractice”
Narcotic injections are frequently used in hospitals to control pain, sometimes augmented with the use of tranquilizing medications. However, tranquilizing drugs in combination with narcotics will increase the risk for respiratory depression.
4) “Cancer pain management negligence”
Safe and effective chronic opioid therapy for chronic cancer related pain requires clinical skills and knowledge in both the principles of opioid prescribing and on the assessment and management of risks associated with opioid abuse, addiction, and diversion.
To have a pain management expert witness review your case for merit, contact American Medical Experts today.
* Complete Case Reviews $695 – reports conducted by a Board-Certified Senior Medical Director
* Expert Witness Reports $995 – Over 10,000 world-renowned medical expert witnesses in all specialties nationwide. For a complete list of the specialties available from American Medical Experts, view our Expert Witness Directory.
* For more information about these low rates, please view our complete Flat Rate Fee Schedule.
Images courtesy of freedigitalphotos.net